Installing rails.vim is about the same as installing any other Vim script.
- Locate your vimfiles directory. On Windows, this is C:\Documents and Settings\your username\vimfiles or on Linux or OS X ~/.vim.
- Extract the zip file downloaded from the rails.vim download page into this directory. Be sure to preserve the directory structure.
- Start Vim in your Rails project directory.
- To load rails.vim's help files, run the command :helptags ~/.vim/doc on Linux or OS X, or :helptags ~/vimfiles/doc on Windows.
- To access the rails.vim help file, run the command :help rails.